This is the list of my previous talks.
Table of Contents
- 2019 – Beyond Technical Debt: Unconventional techniques to uncover technical and social issues in your code
- 2018 – CodeScene: Get Deep Insights into Your (Clojure) Code
- 2017 – Clojure: A Functional LISP for the JVM
Beyond Technical Debt: Unconventional techniques to uncover technical and social issues in your code
Slides (PDF): https://curiousprogrammer.net/GdgJihlava-CodeScene.pdf
* Traditional static code analysis tools (Sonar et al.) are notoriously bad at producing actionable insights (what does the “4000 years of accumulated technical debt” really mean?)
* CodeScene takes a different approach and focuses instead on how code evolves over time using a treasure trove we all posses – version control history.
* Come and meet CodeScene, a unique behavioral code analysis tool that looks for patterns in version control data to understand the history and evolution of a codebase: unraveling things like hotspots, change coupling between modules and interesting social aspects of the code.
* I’ll describe the ideas behind CodeScene, how it works and demonstrate the techniques on analyses of real projects.
Youtube video (audio + slides): https://youtu.be/rpkZvx2b0V4
A rather long presentation for Functional Programming Brno meetup. It was fun and my first public presentation for a bigger audience (~20 people).
Youtube video (audio + slides): https://youtu.be/YeUOWaM_Gk8